Recommended Fee Schedule for Psychologists
$200 per hour
The above fee recommendation derived by the Psychological Association of Saskatchewan represents a general guideline to assist individual psychologists in determining fee rates for services. The fee recommendation is also made available for reference to users of psychological services such as individual clients and insurers. Each practitioner sets their own fees, incorporating this fee guideline into their particular circumstance. It is expected fees will be adjusted based upon the specific credentials of the psychologist and nature of services being offered (e.g., legal and consultation services may garner a higher hourly rate).
This fee recommendation came into effect on January 2022. It is the intention of the PAS to review the fee on an annual basis.
To Our Communities
The Psychology Association of Saskatchewan (PAS) is very aware of the wide-reaching impact COVID-19 is having on our Saskatchewan people. In this time of uncertainty, existing mental health concerns may worsen or new concerns may arise. To provide assistance to those looking to garner mental health support we have compiled the list below of our members who are willing and able to provide virtual care.
Selecting a Practioner
When mental health, behavioural, or relationship difficulties are causing you distress, who should you turn to for help? Choosing a mental health provider can be confusing! We've developed a quick and helpful guide to guide to selecting a Practitioner.
Awards & Scholarships
Every year the PAS recognizes psychologists and students through a series of awards.
Jillings Award in Psychology
The purpose of the Jillings Award is to recognize an individual(s) who has made outstanding contributions towards excellence in psychology in Saskatchewan.
Annual Student Scholarship
The Psychology Association of Saskatchewan extends an invitation to all eligible students to enter the Annual Student Scholarship competition. Full-time Doctoral, Masters, and Honours students in any area of basic, applied, clinical, or educational psychology, who do not currently hold a major scholarship (e.g., SSHRC) or departmental award over $10,000.00, are eligible to submit an application.
Two scholarships, each totalling $500.00, will be presented to successful candidates. Eligible candidates will be judged based on their academic standing, or thesis/dissertation work. Candidates may only hold one PAS scholarship at a time.
For those who are interested in posting an employment opportunity on the PAS website you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Psychology Association of Saskatchewan (PAS) has a reciprocity agreement with the Psychological Association of Alberta (PAA) offering registration to the two associations’ respective continuing employment programs at the same fees that each of these associations charges to their own members.
Who We Are:
CASA Psychology Services (formerly Chartier Arnold Shimp & Associates) is a group counselling and psychological practice of doctoral and master’s level psychologists that offers comprehensive assessment, treatment and consultation services for adults, children, adolescents, and couples. Our practice was opened in 1989 and is one of the largest psychology practices in Saskatchewan.
We foster a culture of excellence with a focus on ethical and evidence-based practice that meets the needs of the very diverse community we serve. Our mission is to help people make substantial and lasting changes in their lives. We are centrally located on College Drive in Saskatoon, close to the University of Saskatchewan and the South Saskatchewan River.
If you are looking to join a dynamic team that is making a difference in the community, we want to hear from you! Our team of psychologists and therapists is supported by an administrative team that will allow you to focus on what is important – providing psychological and counselling services to your clients. We are a collaborative and supportive group that provides the opportunity for growth and development through monthly clinical rounds and accessible consultation / supervision opportunities.
What we’re looking for:
• A Doctoral or Master’s level degree in Psychology and are currently registered, or are eligible for registration, with the College of Psychologists of Saskatchewan; a Master’s level degree in Social Work and currently registered, or eligible for registration, with the Saskatchewan Association of Social Workers; or a Master’s level degree in Psychology and are currently registered, or eligible for registration, with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
• The demonstrated skills to provide evidence-based clinical management, assessment and therapy services.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Experience working with adults, adolescents, children and/or families / couples – there is opportunity to have a broad practice or to focus on specific areas of interest.
• Applicants interested in providing in-person services, virtual services or a combination of both are encouraged to apply.
One or more of the following qualities would be considered assets:
• Experience or interest in providing clinical and counselling services to adults with a variety of mental health conditions, including mood and anxiety disorders, trauma, addictions, personality disorders, as well as problems in everyday living
• Experience or interest in adult rehabilitation/ health psychology and working with interdisciplinary teams
• Flexible working hours: Our clinic is open during regular office hours and is fully supported by our administrative team during those hours. Therapists may work early/late/weekends if they choose. Full-time or part-time hours available.
• Competitive pay rate – salary or fee for service options.
• Diverse Client Base: Our group prides ourselves on our relationships with insurance companies, family practices and other referral sources, offering our psychologists and therapists a variety of assessment and treatment opportunities.
• Marketing Efforts: As a part of the group, you will benefit from our large referral base and access to our waitlist.
• Team: We offer a team environment that is focused on growth and development. Our group is dynamic, collaborative and supportive. We enjoy staff lunches, team functions and celebrating each other’s milestones and successes.
• Consultation & Supervision Opportunities: We have several psychologists and therapists available to provide consultation and supervision with adults, children, adolescents, seniors and couples in the areas of clinical, counselling and health psychology.
• We provide administrative services that include full clinic management software for all appointments, billings etc.
How to Apply
If you are interested in hearing more about our practice and the positions available please contact our Practice Manager, Dr. Lana Shimp, via email at email@example.com.
Interested applicants can also forward their cover letter and CV to: